Sunday, March 25, 2007

Renée Fleming in Taipei: I have an affair with Fleming's voice


I have an affair with Fleming's voice.

I was in NCH immersing in Fleming's unbelievably beautiful voice. I didn't list her as one of my favorite sopranos untill I heard her fantabulous performance last night. She is amazingly skilled in controlling every note to its best and perfect place. The every aria she performed last night has its most breathtakingly wonderful realisation ever.

Plus Fleming's superb controlling her breath also impressed me a loooooot. Particularly speaking, ''Vissi d'arte, vissi d'amore,'' the very famous aria from Puccini's ''Tosca'' is the one that dazzled me most. From the lowest note to the highest one, my mood fluctuated as well. I'd say I have an affair with Fleming's voice.

No comments: